Suitability is determined at the time of sale. Whether you represent the Claimants or the Respondents, analyzing an annuity subaccount portfolio can be a challenge that is critical to your case success.
Some of the unique variable annuity subaccount issues include:
- Subaccounts are not priced in the newspaper, as are mutual funds.
- Subaccounts do not pay income or capital gains distributions.
- Subaccounts have similar, but different, names from their mutual fund counterparts.
- Subaccounts have a different fee and cost structure from mutual funds.
- There is limited data availability for subaccounts.
We use specialized analysis tools created by Morningstar to prepare reports on variable annuities. These reports provide the basis for a complete annuity portfolio analysis and suitability determination. Further, we have data available from 1999 forward, which allows us to prepare an analysis dated close to the time of sale.
Securities Litigation Support can:
- Analyze a variable annuity subaccount portfolio.
- Prepare a suitability report on that portfolio.
- Testify in arbitration or court regarding our findings.
See the three reports that follow that were prepared on 2003 software. Current software is available.
Click here for the Annuity Subaccount Detail report (100kb PDF).